Keeping kids entertained on long journeys is difficult. Up until recently, the only time we were in the car for a long period of time was when we went on holiday. Now, we do monthly trips back to Birmingham. Each way is 130 miles, meaning around two and half hours in the car. That’s long enough for most adults, let alone three energetic children.
So far we have been pretty unprepared for these journeys, and have ended up with squabbling, whiny children and a toddler who cries and grizzles the whole time. That’s no fun for any of us. However, we have bought them all a tablet for Christmas, and I will certainly be showing them how to use Poki, a brilliant platform for free online games.
Poki offers more than 20,000 games – and every single one is free. No worrying about them accidentally downloading add ons and costing you a small fortune. They’re playable on all devices – laptops, smartphones and tablets, making them perfect for those moments when you just need twenty minutes peace and quiet.
I’ve been mooching about the various movie games available, and really enjoyed the Smart Couture game, from Girl Meets World. It appealed to my inner preteen wannabe fashion designer!
Of course, the kids loved to play Disney games on Poki. There are plenty of games to choose from, from Cars and Inside Out, to Frozen and Big Hero 6. All of their favourite films were available.
All of the games have a gameplay video and video instructions which are really useful if you’re a gaming novice like me! The graphics are really good considering it is a free platform, and they are simple enough for Harrison and Alex to get to grips with.
The only downside to the platform is that sometimes, you have to sit through a video advert before playing the games, but they explain that this is necessary to keep the platform free, which is perfectly understandable.
The fabulous people at Poki are giving readers of my blog the chance to win an 7” Amazon Fire Tablet worth £50 so they can try out the games for themselves.
For your chance to enter, simply follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below:
**Please leave the ‘URL’ box BLANK when writing a comment unless you are a blogger or a website owner. You do not need to write N/A, none, Facebook or anything – failure to do this will lead to disqualification from the giveaway**
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions
- The closing date is Tuesday 20th December at midnight.
- There is one prize of an Amazon Fire Tablet. No cash alternative.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK only
- Entrants must log in via Rafflecopter and answer the question in the widget – this is the ONLY mandatory task. Comments must answer the question. Comments such as ‘great prize, fantastic giveaway’ etc will not be counted. You can gain extra entries in the draw by completing the other tasks in the widget. All entries will be verified.
- Unless you are a blogger or website owner, please leave the URL box blank. Anything else in there (such as email addresses, none, facebook, x, N/A will invalidate all of your entries).
- A winner will be chosen at random using the widget
- The winner will be notified via email within 5 days of the closing date and must respond within 28 days to claim their prize.