I’m 30 in October. It’s not old, I know, but sometimes I feel it. I’m kind of hoping that when I’m in my 40’s and 50’s I hit a
mid life crisis second wave of youth and energy.
How do you know when you’re on the fast track to thirty? Well, your life may be a little bit like this…
1. You wear slippers. All the time. You even take them on holiday with you.
2. You buy shoes based on comfort and practicality. Those 4 inch pointy toe heels? Ouch!
3. You realise that you’re almost too old to go on a 18-30 holiday – and don’t actually care. Far too noisy.
4. Hangovers take longer and longer to recover from. Sometimes, it just isn’t worth the pain.
5. A late night is anything past 10pm. 11pm on a weekend.
6. You find yourself squinting at your phone, and needing to purchase reading glasses.
7. You struggle to name anything in the top ten charts.
8. You have no idea what ‘bae’ means. Clearly ur not down wiv da kidz no more.
9. Your eyes want to bleed when you see things written like that ^^
10. You rarely watch an entire film without falling to sleep.
11. The thought of going out and standing in an overcrowded nightclub paying £6 for a vodka and coke makes you shudder.
12. You know your limits when it comes to alcohol, and rarely venture past them.
13. You take a flask of coffee and a blanket to sit on with you on days out.
14. You have started shopping in Marks and Spencers and BHS for clothes.
15. You don’t even attempt to shop in Miss Selfridge/TopShop/that shop that is always really dark but smells nice anymore. Those little denim shorts are indecent!
Can you identify with any of these?