Lots of my friends and family can vouch for the fact that I am pretty useless at geography. I am not even going to begin to tell you some of the bloopers I have come out with. They’re REALLY embarrassing! I wasn’t expecting a high score when I tried the Monuments of the World quiz on the Karcher website, but actually I didn’t do too badly. Must be all the travel blogs I read sinking in!
I’ve not travelled very far in my life. I’ve been to the usual holiday destinations in Europe – Spain, Majorca, Tenerife, but that’s about it. When the children are older, I would love to take them to different countries and experience all sorts of amazing places. On my ‘must visit’ list are:
- Amsterdam – I know quite a few people who have been to Amsterdam and it looks absolutely beautiful. My sister in law, Charli, has guest posted on my blog before about her travel experiences and Amsterdam is one of the places she has visited. It looks and sounds amazing, and I desperately want to go and visit Anne Frank’s house.
- Rome – It just looks absolutely beautiful and has so much history. I want to go and see the Vatican and the Colosseum and all of the other beautiful buildings from the past. I think in my head I have images of sitting in a lovely little street café, drinking espresso and wine and eating plenty of pasta whilst in Rome!
- Paris – a bit of a cheat one as I’ve been there twice before. It was breathtakingly beautiful there, and so much to see and do. I’ve still not seen even half of the things I want to – and I will one day build up the courage to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, not just stand at the foot of it.
- Iceland – Iceland is actually probably top of my list of places I want to visit at the moment. The main attraction is the chance to see the Northern Lights, which is definitely on my ‘bucket list’, but I would also love to see the Blue Lagoon and geysers.
- New York – Cliché, but yes, I would love to go there at Christmas time. It always looks so magical and buzzing. I have an American blogger friend, Trudy from Rendezvous En New York, who writes about life in New York and it just sounds amazing!
Why don’t you go and take the Monuments of the World quiz, and maybe find out some more about the places on your ‘must visit’ list?