I’ve been trying to declutter and get our house more organised room by room. The one room that I keep putting off is the bathroom. Everytime I open the cabinet in there, everything falls out. There are bottles and tubs all over the shelf, and the plastic storage drawers are full of god knows what!
So what’s lurking in the cabinet
- Odd bits of makeup – my decent makeup is in my bedroom, but there seems to be a dried up nail polish, a garish blue and yellow eyeshadow pallet and a couple of tubes of half used foundation lurking about.
- Mouthwash – we have to keep this out of the reach of the boys in case they try to drink it!
- Perfume from The Library of Fragrance – I have a full sized bottle of their Baby Powder scent, and a sample size of Thunderstorm – they are both lush!
- Graham’s aftershaves
- Various half used body lotions and scrubs, including my posh and rarely used Obey Your Body stuff. I’m terrible for opening new pots and jars and never using them!
- Nit lotion and comb – we have a child at nursery. ‘Nuff said.
- Tweezers, plasters and razors. Standard bathroom cabinet stuff.
- Child’s Farm Hair Detangler – this stuff is amazing!
- Nail Polish Remover
- Odd bits of cotton wool
- Glittery hair spray – no idea where that came from. Think I’ve had it since I was about 15.
- Hair Spray – that I have never used
- Make up remover with lid missing.
That doesn’t even include all the deodrants, body sprays and lotions on the shelf, nor the drawers which contain all the spare shampoo, bodywashes, loo rolls, toothpastes, cotton wool and god knows what else!
At some point I really need to sort it all out, throw out anything that has dried up and is no good, and organise it. I would love a vanity unit like these ones http://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/bathroom-furniture/vanity-units.html from Bella Bathrooms to hide all the clutter away. I could get rid of our naff storage unit and would have space for my much wanted heated towel rail!
What is in your bathroom cabinet?
*In collaboration with Bella Bathrooms