One of my resolutions for my blog in 2016 was to post more craft – based posts. These are always popular, and I really enjoy making things and writing about them. When I was asked if I wanted to be a Bostik Blogger, it seemed the perfect way of encouraging me to get creative once again. The theme for this month’s box was ‘Valentines’ and we were set a box full of lovely crafty bits and pieces to create something with. As I sat and thought about what we were going to make, I spotted a little notebook on the side – you know, one of those free promotional ones you get? Bingo! We were going to jazz it up and make our very own Valentine’s Day Notebook Cover!
Valentine’s Day Notebook Cover
You will need:
- Notebook (smaller than A4)
- Red or pink felt sheet
- Bostik White Glu
- Bostik Glitter Glue
- Open the notebook and lay it in the middle of the felt, so that there is a sort of border around it. Apply Bostik White Glu to the edge of the felt.
- Fold the edge over and stick it down onto the inside of the notebook cover
- Make a small cut in the felt in line with the spine of the notebook
- Apply glue to the bottom edge of the felt, and fold over and stick to the inside of the notebook cover
- Glue and fold the top edge of the felt and repeat for the back of the notebook. Leave glue to dry. When it has all dried decorate the front cover. We used stickers and Bostik glitter glue pens!
And there you have it – a Valentine’s Day notebook cover. It’s really simple to make and doesn’t just have to be for Valentine’s Day. You could make it for all sorts of occasions and events using different coloured felt or fabric and embellishments.
*We were provided with these materials free of charge by Bostik as part of the Tots 100/Bostik Craft Bloggers Group