A couple of years ago, just before Benjamin came along, we reviewed the Toddlebike. We were really impressed with it at the time. You can read the full review here, but in a nutshell: it was sturdy, light and excellent value for money and Alex loved it. It was the perfect bike for transitioning between ride-on’s and balance bikes.
Fast forward two years and the original Toddlebike is still going as strong as it was back then. It’s a bit grubbier now, but the fact it has been left outside in all weathers and had three boisterous boys (two of whom are too big for it now!) playing on it hasn’t made a difference – it’s still as tough as ever.
When Toddlebike got in touch and asked us if we wanted to review the updated version – the Toddlebike 2 – we immediately said yes. There aren’t many plastic toys that are as tough as the Toddlebike, and we wanted to see if the new one was as good.
It came already assembled, which is always helpful when you have an almost two-year-old trying to grab at it. Benjamin couldn’t wait to get on it and scoot around the living room on it. Just like the original, it’s durable and as light as a feather. Even Benjamin can pick it up with one hand and carry it!
It’s a bit more muted in colour and ‘grown up’ looking than the original bike, coming in blue, pink or red, rather than the lovely bright multi-coloured original, which I did like. However, it does look very smart, and Ben hasn’t got off it since it was delivered.
When the kids are back to school, I can see me taking Benjamin for a ride on his bike down on the promenade, and because it’s so light, I can carry it as well as pushing the pram or holding his hand, which to me is one of the biggest selling points of the bike. It costs just £23.95 and is available from the Toddlebike website and Amazon.
I’ve teamed up with the makers of the Toddlebike2 to give readers a chance to win one for themselves – perfect for putting away for Christmas.
To enter, please complete the Rafflecopter widget below. All terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of the page.
**Please leave the ‘URL’ box BLANK when writing a comment unless you are a blogger or a website owner. You do not need to write N/A, none, or anything – failure to do this will lead to disqualification from the giveaway**
Terms and Conditions
- The closing date is Monday 21st November at midnight.
- There is one prize of a Toddlebike2. No cash alternative.s
- This competition is open to residents of the UK only
- Entrants must log in via Rafflecopter and answer the question in the widget – this is the ONLY mandatory task. Comments must answer the question. Comments such as ‘great prize, fantastic giveaway’ etc will not be counted. You can gain extra entries in the draw by completing the other tasks in the widget. All entries will be verified.
- Unless you are a blogger or website owner, please leave the URL box blank. Anything else in there (such as email addresses, none, facebook, x, N/A will invalidate all of your entries).
- A winner will be chosen at random using the widget
- The winner will be notified via email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 28 days to claim their prize.
- The winner’s details will be passed to Toddlebike2 in order to arrange delivery of the prize.