Did you know a duck’s quack doesn’t echo?
Did you know Charlie Chaplin came third in a Charlie Chaplin lookalike competition?
Did you know Donald Duck was banned in Finland because he had no pants?
Did you know every year in the UK more than 200 people are admitted to hospital with suspected Carbon Monoxide poisoning?
Did you know that around 40 people each year die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning?
Some facts are really fun and interesting.Some are just downright frightening. To know that so many people are made so poorly, or die from something that can easily be prevented with a carbon monoxide detector is really sad. In the past three years, 1 in 6 homes inspected by the Gas Safe Register have been found to have an unsafe gas appliance. 1 in 11 have an unsafe boiler.
Corgi Homeplan is campaigning for every home to have a carbon monoxide detector to keep their family safe. They’ve got lots of information on their website but here are some of the warning signs to look out for:
- The flame on your gas cooker should be crisp and blue. If it appears yellow or orange, get it checked
- Watch out for dark, sooty stains around gas fires, gas cookers or boilers
- If the flame on your cooker or the pilot light in your boiler frequently goes out, get it checked.
Signs of carbon monoxide are hard to spot because they are symptoms of other common illnesses. If they only seem to occur at home, it may be a sign of a carbon monoxide leak. Symptoms include:
- Loss of consciousness
One reader now has the chance to win a carbon monoxide detector worth £30.
- Fill in the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries. A guide to filling it in can be found here.
- Complete the mandatory entry first – answer the question. Comments that do not answer the question will not be counted. Comments may not appear immediately due to moderation.
- You can come back and enter every day via Twitter and Facebook.
- The closing date is 26th May 2015.
- All terms and conditions can be found here.