With two children still in nappies, we get through a lot. We have tried (or so we thought) pretty much every brand going. Luckily, none of them have ever really had any sensitivity when it comes to nappies, so for us, it is all about the value for money an how absorbant they are.
When Japanese Nappies got in touch with us and asked if we wanted to try a pack of their nappies, we were intrigued. Being a Japanese brand, we had never heard of them, and I wanted to find out more about them. From the description, they sounded fab:
- They have a 3d processed wavy inner lining, so have a superb level of breathability and can give out heat from baby’s urine very quickly
- A handy wetness indicator – the double lines change from yellow to blue once the nappy is wet.
- The inner lining is silky soft, meaning they are suitable for babies with very sensitive skin.
- The outer sheet is very soft, providing the nappies with superior flexibility which could fit baby’s different shapes more easily.
- Specially designed microporous material and evaporation cells of the Moony nappy’s surface ensure that no liquid is left on the baby’s skin.Super elastic point-gathers around the baby’s legs easily stretch following any motion, providing the child with an absolute freedom of movement.
We were sent a pack of the large sized pull ups (which fits 9-14kg). We tend to buy pull ups rather than nappies these days because both Alex and Benjamin wear the same size. It’s also much easier to get a pull upon a wriggly 15 month old!
So how did Moony Japanese Nappies measure up?
We loved them!! The pack is bright and cheerful, and as soon as we took one of them out, we could feel just how soft and stretchy they were. Alex was so excited to try one on, and he managed to pull it up himself, which he is unable to do with the supermarket brand that we usually use. This is actually really important, as we will be potty training him very soon (he’s a late starter!!) and being able to pull up underwear is a skill he will need. Our regular brand doesn’t have the same amount of stretch as these ones, making pulling them up more difficult.
They fitted both boys perfectly, and they were able to move about with absolute freedom. They also looked pretty damn cute on their little bums as well, although I couldn’t get either to sit still long enough for a photo!!
They’ve contained everything that they have needed to. Benjamin is a very heavy wetter at night, and quite often wakes up with a very soggy bottom (lovely when we cosleep!!) but after more than a week of using we are yet to have any leaks, and for that alone I would recommend them.
The only thing that is stopping us from moving over to this brand permanetly is the price. At £22.50 for a pack of 44 pull ups, they are a lot more than the brand we use. However, because of the silky softness of these, and the fact they are so incredibly absorbant, I can imagine the would be ideal for babies and toddlers with sensitve skin, or who are more prone to nappy rash. For that alone, they would be worth the price.
Readers of my blog now have the chance to win a pack of Japanese nappies and try them out for themselves. They’re available in all sizes, from newborn to toddler pull ups. The whole range can be found here.
To enter, please complete the Rafflecopter widget below. All terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of the page.
**Please leave the ‘URL’ box BLANK when writing a comment unless you are a blogger or a website owner – failure to do this will lead to disqualification from the giveaway**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The closing date is Monday 4th April at midnight.
- There is one prize of a pack of Japanese Nappies. No cash alternative.
- This competition is open to residents of the UK only
- Entrants must log in via Rafflecopter and answer the question in the widget – this is the ONLY mandatory task. Comments must answer the question. Comments such as ‘great prize, fantastic giveaway’ etc will not be counted. You can gain extra entries in the draw by completing the other tasks in the widget. All entries will be verified.
- A winner will be chosen at random using the widget
- The winner will be notified via email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 28 days to claim their prize.
- The prize will be dispatched directly from the brand.
*This product was sent to us for the purpose of this review, but all thoughts and opinions are our own. Contains affiliate links.