We are part of the Bostik Bloggers Network with Tots 100, and every month receive a box full of crafty bits and pieces to do something with. This month we had a box full of Easter themed products. We set to work making these hatching egg stick puppets which have been played with for hours and hours!
Hatching Chick Stick Puppets
You will need:
- craft foam
- Bostik Blu-Tack Fast-Tac adhesive spray
- Lolly sticks
- Googly eyes
- Washi tape / other embellishments
- On the craft foam, draw and cut out half an egg shape. Make the top jagged, as if it has cracked open.
- Use the washi tape and other embellishments to decorate one side of the egg.
- On a piece of white or yellow craft foam, draw the head of the chick (a little bit like a semi circle)
- Stick on googly eyes and feathers.
- Turn the egg over, and attach the chick so it is popping out. Foam can be difficult to stick together, so you may want to use a strong adhesive such as the Bostik Fast-tak adhesive spray
- Using the adhesive, stick a lolly stick to the bottom of the egg at the back.
There you have it – your hatching chick stick puppets! Harrison and Alex had lots of fun cutting and decorating them.
*We recieved some of these products for the purpose of this post.